Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Why am I here?


Several people have mentioned that I should start a blog just because of the plain ridiculousness that I seem to encounter on a daily basis.  Wrong place, wrong time- perpetually; or is it the right place? You decide.  Mind you, I have stories stocked up that seem unreal, and a lot of times I find myself saying, “No, this really happened! I can’t make this shit up. I’m not that creative.” 
I just hope I can creatively articulate said stories and encounters so you will get a little of enjoyment out of your day.
So, a little bit about me.  I was born in New Jersey, moved to Tennessee when I was 10 so you could consider me a blend of northern roots and southern manners. 
One older brother: Not so much the protective type.  More like pinned me down and spit in my face only to suck it up at the last second type of brother.  He called me fatty, called me lampshade (I have thick hair, ok?) and every other name in the book, so did his friends.  Now that we haven’t lived in the same state for 13 years, we get along swimmingly.  His constant sarcasm, storytelling abilities and self-deprecation are endearing.  We talk to each other often and ask for each other’s advice.  I also married one of his best friends.
My husband:  The best friend I will ever have.  He is my biggest fan and I am his. Our childhoods couldn’t have been more different, but we still have the same values and want the same things out of life.  How I ended up someone so wonderful is beyond me.
My parents: Still married, in love, best friends, and hilarious.  I want to be like them when I grow-up.
My Friends: We go way back. I’ve lost a few along the way, picked up a few too. But I have to say they are the friends you always feel connected to.  We can always pick up where we left off.  I love them dearly and would do anything to support or protect them.

No comments: