Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sometimes I wonder...

Sometimes I wonder what kind of crazy sh*it the people who work in convenience stores must encounter on a daily basis.  There is a 7-Eleven across the street from my building and it is in a building that is a retirement home. So it seems that an outing to this store is a “big day” for many of its residents.
One time I saw a man with a wheel chair (yes, I said with, not in) wearing a t-shirt, boxers, and what looked like small down pillows strapped to his feet with black socks.  He was scampering this way and that picking up one item at a time and having the cashier ring it up and tell him his total.  Apparently he was trying to reach a magical number.

 He was wearing these, the be exact, but add black socks.  How else would you describe it than pillow strapped to your feet?
As that was going on, an elderly woman, in a Juicy Couture track suit was trying to check out with the Asian cashier and just could not understand what the cashier was saying.  She was shorting the cashier like $2, and the poor cashier got so frustrated she just said, Thank you.
Imagine her...
In this!!! Oh dear. 
Then I get to the front of the line with: a box of tampons, Tylenol PM and a tub of Ben and Jerry’s.  What must they have been thinking with my basket of goodies?  To be honest, I didn’t care.  As a left the store, there were some kids outside who were looking to get someone to buy them beer.  I think they saw my purchase and decided against asking the hormone raging woman in her “I have PMS and a Gun. Did you have something to say?” t-shirt.  Kidding, I do not own a shirt that says that I own the key chain and you'd know that if you’ve read my post about T-shirts. Any crazy convenience store stories you want to share?

No comments: