Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Review of Bridesmaids

I saw the movie Bridesmaids this weekend.  I had talked about how I excited I was last week  to see it, but due to my limited pool of female friends, I dragged my husband to go with me.  As we approached the entrance to the theater, I saw hoards of women old, young, fat, skinny, etc.  I began to dread making that turn to see who all is in the theater, thinking I was the only one bringing a guy and how out of place he would feel. . In my panicked state, I just started praising my husband, “I just want you to know how much I appreciate you coming to this movie with me, even though it might be kind of a chick movie.  I promise to see whatever it is you want to see next (He wants to see Cowboys vs. Aliens – not happening).  But I just really want to thank you.”
As we rounded the corner I was pleasantly surprised, the men brought it!  Way to go dudes, for taking your girl to a girl movie. 
Now on to my thoughts, although the main characters where female, this was no chick flick.  It was raunchy, funny, and sexually explicit, things most men seem to look for in a movie.  I laughed a lot.  I mean a whole lot. 
Now on to the negatives; at one point in the movie, I thought, where is this going? I thought a plot line was developing in one direction, but it didn’t, then I thought something else was going to happen and it didn’t.  Fortunately, a plot did surface and everything was wrapped up nicely in a bow at the end.  I won't got into any further detail as not to ruin it for anyone!  All in all, I give it an A-.  But who the hell am I to grade a movie?

No comments: