Thursday, June 23, 2011

Listen to Your Elders - Child Rearing

Little boys are gross.  Don't argue with me on this. They are.  They pick their noses, play in the dirt and usually refuse to bathe.  They also have potty mouths. Once they learn the words, butt and fart it's all over. The parents diginty that is.  So my parents decided not to take it and came up with a pretty brilliant plan when my brother was younger.  They somehow convinced my brother that fart wasn't a real word and fluffer was the correct terminology.   That way he could scream fluffer-face at the top of his lungs at the grocery, and my mom didn't have to hide her face. And he did.

The amazing thing is he convinced his friends that fluffer was the word too.  He told them their parents had lied and this lasted for years.. YEARS.  It wasn't until he was 7 years old that one of my older cousins set him straight.

No comments: