Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I have so much to say

My husband and I have a great sushi place near our home, Bonsai Sushi.  Don't sushi places have the best names? And the names of the rolls, Spider, Rock 'n Roll, Kabuki... Where did these names come from?

Next to Bonsai Sushi is a cute gay bar called Freddie's Beach Bar.  The restaurants in our neighborhood are so close together, you can literally eat off the plate of the table at the next restaurant. Freddie's is so fun-looking; there are palm covered umbrellas on the patio with those lawn-ornament flamingos and rainbows galore. So one day were sitting outside at Bonsai Sushi, enjoying the nice weather and music coming from Freddie's, when a bus load of people were dropped off at Freddie's.



The restaurant filled up pretty quickly and soon the patio was full.  Since we were so up-close and personal, we could hear every conversation on our and Freddie's patio.  Therefore, I was eavesdropping.  Don't pretend you don't do it too when you think someone is having an interesting conversation.  There was one group that seemed especially lively.  So there I was, listening to this group from the bus get to know others on the patio.  I was wondering, 'who is this group?  If they got off a bus to went to a gay bar so this should be interesting.' Then I heard it.  One of the group said, "Oh yes, we're here for the International Gay and Lesbian Country Line Dancing Association's Annual Conference." O.M.G. Did I just hear that?  Do they really have an association for this?  I looked at my husband and said, "I have so much to say."

I did a little research and this association does exist! It's otherwise known as IAGLCWDC, proving that for any interest you may have in this life, there are others who share your interest and there is probably an association!  I encourage you to find your interest and associate!  I'm on my search for the Online Sale Shopping and Ice Cream Lovers Association (OSSICLA). Who's with me?

No comments: