Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Full Disclosure 4

And, I'm back.  I can't believe it's almost February and I am pregnant as hell.  When I walk past a mirror, I still am shocked at how much my stomach has grown.  We are really in the home stretch with having everything we need for when Justin Beiber arrives, but I still panic often that we may be missing something important.
A lot of people have been asking about the name and I have taken to telling them - Candle, Candy for short, because she is the light of our lives.  Those who know me don't buy it and how could they?  They know I have impeccable taste. ha!

  • Weight gain: I gained 10 lbs in one month according to my December visit, then lost 2 lbs at my January one.  This was right after Christmas, how is that possible?  Nonetheless, I have been feeling the effects of being pregnant and find standing up, sitting down, and getting my shoes on have become more difficult. 
  • Baby Size: So I have an app on my phone that gives me daily and weekly updates about J Beiber and how she is growing and developing.  I'm sure you've seen this: each week they compare her size to an object.  My question is where the hell did they come up with these?  Week 26 was an english hothouse cucumber; week 28 - Chinese cabbage, week 32 - Jicama -- WTH are these and further, we all know fruits and veggies are ALL different sizes.  They would have better luck comparing her length to something like an A10 envelope and her weight to that of rolls of quarters or something.  At least that's all standardized.  
  • Nesting:  I'm not sure if you'd call it nesting, as much as wanting to get a crafty as possible, but DIY blogs, Michael's and JoAnn Fabrics are all websites I've been frequenting.  In fact, I went to JoAnn on Sunday and the place was hopping. 
This was the line to get fabric cut.  And there we're 3 ladies working!

No comments: