Friday, September 23, 2011

Full Disclosure

Ok folks, it's time to get real. I am pregnant. No, wait, I am pregnant!!!!!  I am and I am super excited and just as scared. Wow, it feels good to say it.  It hasn't been announced anywhere yet as I am not showing and have a hard time believing it's actually true. But I saw a real-looking baby at the 12-week ultra sound so I guess it's real.  Currently, I am 15 weeks and due in March.  Before you get all bummed that this is going to become an 'all about baby blog' let me set a few ground rules.

Here's what I am NOT going to do:
I will not make weekly posts comparing my fetus to an organic object. (I do get the emails sent to me so I know, but why the hell would you want to know that this week baby is the size of a navel orange?)
I will not gloat in pregnancy and name myself a better human being for procreating.
I will not post images of the nursery or my ideas of decorating the nursery. This is not that kind of blog. I do not fancy myself an interior designer. 
I will not refer to baby by name until baby breathes air.  I feel like doing that jinxes everything.  I may however refer to baby as nugget, jelly bean, justin beiber, or anything else that comes to mind.
I will not get one of these signs.
But I might get this.


Here's what I will do:
I will give you full disclosure on funny events that occur during this time. For example: I was working out with my trainer and I said, "I just feel like my stomach is hanging out." He said, "Ok, you need to engage your core, and also, get used to it. It's going to get a lot bigger."  Or my co-worker and I shared a cinnabun and I made a comment on needing to work out harder that day. He responded with, "Sorry to say this, but I think your in a loosing battle."
I will show you funny products and share silly advise I get along the way.  Remember this post?  I hope to have more like it.
I will tell you when I find out if baby is a boy or girl, then I can use the correct pronoun.

So hopefully, things won't change too much, I just have another topic in which to share ridiculous truths.

No comments: