Thursday, September 15, 2011

Co-Workers

The workplace in an interesting setting.  You involuntarily get put in a small space with people not of your choosing for hours on end. If you're lucky, you find some great colleagues and friends.  I've held on to a few past co workers who have become near and dear friends.  I see those friends as one of the greatest benefits to my past employment.  But there's always that strange duck in the group that you inevitably have to work with.  I've experienced a few.
Case in point, Jeremiah.  He was the office assistant at my first job out of college.  He had great phone manners and was a computer whiz which came in helpful when he taught me everything I know about mail merge. But... Jeremiah was also an elf from middle earth who went by the name Blue Jai.  Yes, he was a LARPER.
He and his girlfriend would go to parties in full make-up and costume and he had all these pictures to prove it.  He also celebrated the Solstice which entailed staying up all night to party so of course he needed a few days off for that.  Now, to each his own.  If that's what you want to do with your free time and those are the days you choose to celebrate, fine.  But if you tell me point blank that your are an elf from middle earth and expect me to just accept that as fact, you've got another thing coming because I have questions my friend.  Where IS middle earth?  How did you get your elfish name?    How did you come to decide you were from middle earth?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can testify! This is all true.

(I hope this post is anonymous... as I don't want any lighting bolts speared at me by our old elfriend Super J.)