Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ahh the sunshine state...

Oh, Denver! Gorgeous!  (Name the Movie! - Fine, it's Old School.)  Well, I am off to the land of milk and honey.  Where is that exactly anyway?  No, really I'm off to Amsterdam to meet my husband who's been working a project in Europe the past 2 weeks.  Yes, I've been on my own.  The up-side, I have been receiving a lot of pity invites to do things, (Thanks friends!) don't have to worry about meal planning because I am perfectly happy with eating dry cereal for dinner, and I get the WHOLE bed to myself!  The down side, other than missing my loves, I have started talking to myself, a lot.  I feel like the guy in the movie Sliding Doors that talks to himself in the mirror, because a few times, I have. 
Back to the vacay, I've never been to Amsterdam, but with the way the weather has been here lately, I am looking forward to some cooler temperatures.
We're literally staying right here!! 
Here's my question, or statement that I want to make sure is correct. Amsterdam is in Holland. Holland is or is in the Netherlands. People in the Netherlands speak Dutch. Yes? No?  Perhaps I should do a little research on the plane before I land and sound like an idiot.  
We're also going to Bruges for the day!  Wiki Definition: the capital and largest city of the province of West Flanders in the Flemish Region of Belgium.
Along with a few other canal-based northern cities, such as Amsterdam, it is sometimes referred to as "The Venice of the North". Bruges has a significant economic importance thanks to its port. At one time, it was the "chief commercial city" of the world.

Flemish is a funny word. They are also known for their chocolate factories! Yum.

I might just stay here forever! 
 I hope to bring back wonderful pictures!  My question to you my 3.5 readers:  If you could go on a vacation right now, where would you go?

No comments: