Monday, February 27, 2012

On being 37+ weeks pregnant

I'd like to just catalogue what it's like for me to be this pregnant. Please feel free to share your thoughts.


  • Sleep is difficult these days as I usually get up to pee at least 5-6 times a night and am sleeping with 3 pillows, leaving little room for the husband. 
  • I think my belly button is like 5 seconds away from giving up and popping out.
  • Back pain is a constant.
  • The thought of wearing heels is tempting, but I'm afraid I'll fall from being top heavy.  When I had a pair on the other night, my husband said, "Honey, you're pregnant. You don't need to try that hard."  Bless him for that because my feet would have been so sore by the end of the night. 
  • It's all becoming really real - panic set in when we were on our hospital tour and I say the labor and delivery room. Can I please have a job decorating hospital rooms?  They need help. 
  • The number of people who keep telling me to sleep now because it's all about to change is freaking me out. I hear it at least once a day. 
  • I am SO TIRED of feeling like a whale! Gaining weight and having little control over it is not something anyone can get used to. I find myself grunting more than I'd like to admit, just doing things like getting out of the car and putting my shoes on. 
  • Leggings, 2 pairs of jeans, workout pants, and some black pants are about all I have left.  I've stopped caring that my fat buns are showing from under my cardigans.  Comfort around the tummy has taken precedent. 
  • My hands are swollen, I've moved to a $40 size 7 sterling silver and CZ ring from Macy's as my wedding ring.  I am worried my ring might never fit again; I feel like my knuckle is bigger.  
  • I'm eating ALL THE TIME. Last week I bought a Duncan Hines cake mix and funfetti icing just so I could make it and eat it... and I did.
Good news, the baby is measuring a little small so I don't have to worry about have a big chunk of a thing. She's healthy, just petite. 
Not what my baby will look like at birth. 

No comments: