Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Then she said...

So the house we bought is in a community with an HOA, pool, clubhouse, the works.  There are committees, board of directors, a welcome committee, etc... So they had an reception for all those who have moved  to Old Town Village in the past year.  We have met most of our neighbors and they seem to be a mix of retired and young residents, so we thought, let's go.  Maybe we'll meet others with kids.  Well, this was NOT the case.  We were the youngest in the room by at least 20 years.  But there were a lot of residents who were on committees so I was able to learn more about what they did. Everyone was super nice.
Then there was "Janet."  A women with married kids who has lived in the DC area for years. As we were talking she asked me about finding good child care. So I told her about the great experience I've had with sitter city. She replies by talking about how her children babysat in their neighborhood growing up and that's were they found their sitters when their children were younger. All norman conversation stuff... Then it got weird.

THEN SHE SAID, "Well one night we went out and the next morning (side of mouth talk) I was on the toilet, (end of side mouth) and my daughter came in.  She must have been 4 or 5 and she said, 'Mom, Stevie showed me his penis.' " Stevie being the babysitter. O.M.G. I literally met this woman 3 minutues ago.  Naturally the conversation and story weren't over and I was dying to hear the rest when out of nowhere a man comes up and introduces himself.  No joke, his name was Peter. I can't make this stuff up.

No comments: