Monday, October 1, 2012

Steps - A serious post for Moms

Throughout your life, you take "steps". Your first steps, stepping in to young adulthood, celebrating college graduation, etc.  I've stepped in motherhood, which I now know was the more like a long jump, triple step, pole vault or flying leap up a flight of stairs.
The problem is ever since I got here, I'm taking steps toward the changing table, grocery store, park, and steps toward a tragic wardrobe. I'm also losing those accomplishments I would have made had I stayed in the workforce. This is all a very difficult transition that no one seems to tell you about. Yes, Vivian is taking steps (not literal) or making new accomplishments everyday, but I am in a rut.  The thing to remember is that you are an integral part of your baby being able to make all those accomplishments by supporting and nurturing your little one.  So to you moms out there, put some make up on today, even if you don't go anywhere, just to make yourself feel better. Maybe take a shower or paint your toes. But do something for yourself today.  Vivian and I will, yes, be taking our steps to the grocery store, but maybe I'm wearing mascara and I real bra this time.

No comments: