Tuesday, May 22, 2012

On Being a New Mom

Yes, it's me and I'm talking about motherhood and little Vivian again. I didn't think this would become a baby blog, but that seems to consume my life these days so I can't help but write about it. First of all, I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day.  Here's my favorite video of Mother's Day!
 

Since you know I like to keep things real, I thought I'd give all you a few reflections and recommendations since Vivian came into our life - in bullet format of course. 

  • Since recovery, I feel like my bladder is just showing off now, going 10 hours without having to go.
  • Crying isn't annoying when it's your baby.  I find Viv's cries sweet and often times funny. 
  • Lamaze toys are like crack for babies - buy some. 
  • Watch "The Happiest Baby on the Block" 
  • I never thought I would voluntarily touch poo until my daughter was pooping in the bath tub and I grabbed it. 
  • Babies pee on something other than a diaper at lease once a day, no matter how hard you to try to avoid it. 
  • Your baby's smile will most certainly melt your heart.  
I'm happy to discuss other items that have come in handy for those interested!


1 comment:

April said...

I don't know how I got to your blog but it's hilarious! I loved that video too. I would have to add to that list that you will be pooped on at some point and you will be ok with it (or at least more ok with that you would have thought you would have been before you had a baby). LOL